Utopia Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Go down

Avatar and Signature Limits Empty Avatar and Signature Limits

Post  Kjellfrid Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:59 am

In the interest of keeping loading times to a minimum and having a clean look to the forums, there is a set limit on how big each user's avatar and signature can be. I will be keeping my eye on this, and will not waver one tiny pixel from the limits. Please don't make me break out my ruler!

Avatar Limits - 150x200 - 150 pixels wide by 200 pixels in height

Signature Limits - 600x150 - 600 pixels wide by 150 pixels in height. This does not apply if your signature is only a few lines of small text, i.e. my signature; however if it's more than just a few lines, the height limit applies.

Avatar and Signature Limits Avilimit

Avatar and Signature Limits Siglimit
Kjellfrid
Kjellfrid
Plaything

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Avatar and Signature Limits Empty Re: Avatar and Signature Limits

Post  Abulurd Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:59 pm

It should be noted, however, that I'm pretty sure avatars auto-resize themselves if they're too big. But, not to scale, so it could be a little screwy. I'm pretty sure that's how the phpBB 3.0 system works, but if anyone could take 10 seconds and confirm this for me, it'd be appreciated.
Abulurd
Abulurd
Supreme Overlord

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-07-27

https://utopiaroleplay.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  test mule Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:29 am

Avatars do auto-resize if the pixel dimensions are too big. However, if the original file you are trying to upload is larger than 64kb, it will not load. I've tried several photos, and the resizing does not seem to be distorting any of them.

The 'Link to off-site Avatar' option does not seem to be working. I tried linking several pics from photobucket, and the end result was the 'Imaged has been moved or deleted' message from photobucket.

The 'Upload Avatar from a URL' option works perfectly when you paste in a direct link.

Granted, I only tried links from photobucket, so I can't say how the links from other image hosting sites would be impacted.
test mule
test mule

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum